Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Jungle at Last


Hi Everybody! I got some interesting news, my next 6 weeks is in Iquitos Peru (JUNGLE). My companion is a Gringo\Mexicano de EE.UU- United States. His name is Elder Perez, the same as the president of the mission. Everything that I have heard about him has been good. It is crazy to think that I will be in Iquitos during the hottest part of the season and just in time for Carnival. This is the time when they throw dirty water on the missionaries. I am very excited for this change, I leave tomorrow. This last change has been great. I really learned a lot about how to be a better missionary and always follow the rules. I also think that my Spanish has improved a little bit. I sent a package off today. The cost of the travel was 200 soles almost 70 bucks. I know it is kind of an ouch. The funny part is that you’ve got to fill out about as much paper work as you would to cross every border in the world (really it was a lot). I told my companion for 200 soles and the paperwork I better get my package sent in another box but made out of metal with a lock on it. That isn’t how they work though. Here is the number for you guys. CP001779070PE....the company is SERPOST (EL CORREO DEL PERU)....if you have any other questions ask me.

Yes I will still get to Email but I have heard it is a little bit slower.

I love you so much and miss you guys a little. Say hi to everybody and tell the fam Rasmussen HI. I love you guys, THANKS SO MUCH for everything.

Yeah, I am excited to see the exotic animals and jungle. I know that this will be a great experience and I am kind of excited for it.

I fly out on Tuesday. Thanks a lot I love you,
~Elder Griffin~

No comments: