Sunday, February 8, 2009

Machetes and bats

We only have a half of an hour due to disobedient other elders but here it goes.

Life is going great. We had two baptisms today of Gudelia and her daughter Carla. It was really special. I had a first time with this; right before I was ready to do the ordinance the lights completely shut off. So we were both in the font and waiting for a couple minutes. After that we waited for someone to have a light, we ended up having a candle-lit baptism. I really love this work it is constantly new and exciting.

I also had some other interesting experiences, including chopping down a tree with a machete and having about 200 bats flying around trying to attack me. I scared me but it was an interesting experience.

I also took some pictures with two LIVE baby boas.

I know that this is the work of the Lord and that there is not any other work more rewarding. The exotic stuff is fun but the spiritual is the most amazing thing in my life. I know that the church is true and that it’s the only true church on this earth. I love my Heavenly Father and feel His hand in the work everyday.

Love you all and hope the best,
-Elder Griffin

No comments: