Monday, February 2, 2009

Sudi? Do you really eat it?

Mission life in the jungles of Peru: I forgot to tell you that the airport of Iquitos is in my area our house is about less than a minute away from it. You can Google map it if you want. Our house is a red house right next to a gas station-Santo Thomas...about 4 or 5 more streets down the main road.

This week was great. I can now say I have eaten SUDI (a giant wax worm) and it was alive when I ate it. I also ate Alligator and a variety of other weird foods this week. Everything was really good though.

The works is also going great. We had 10 investigators in the chapel and also have two baptisms set for this Saturday. The baptisms are for a mother and daughter (Hudelia and Carla). I am very excited for them, and I know that they will get baptized. Also along with them we are going to get some more dates this week of some of the other 10 that went to church with us.

It rained and rained and rained like cats and dogs. I also took pictures with a boa that was about 10 minutes away from being skinned, but it looks pretty cool in the pictures. I also bought a really cool Machete for about 40 dollars. It’s not just a machete I had some people make a case with some animals made of a clay type substance and some leopard skin for the case. It really is cool looking.

Life continues in the fast lane. NEW RULES ON THE INTERNET::::WE ONLY HAVE 30 MINUTES TO COMMUNICATE AND ONLY WITH PARENTS.
Gracias mil para todas las cosas.

No comments: