Monday, December 15, 2008

From 12 down to 3

This week was a little interesting. We had 12 baptisms set up with dates and everything for this month we ended this week with baptizing three and have only three more. Oscar had problems with word of wisdom again! We are still trying to help him out with that. 11- The wife and the son of Julio Navarro didn’t assist this week and so that’s two less 9- Two of the females that we had dates for haven’t gotten their permission from there husbands yet, kind of dissapointing-7-Harold, a 20 yr old from another church wants to get baptized in the new year. So we had a lot of the dates fall. The good was Eologia, a 73 yr old who has a son who is a member (inactivo) who has a daughter we were teaching discussions to (Jackzhetld) and her husband is a grumpy, abusive, temperamental.....anyway we taught her all lessons and she was interested. She had really wanted to move with her other family members to get away from her husband. Also, two sisters from the Catholic Church were fellowshipping her. We talked to her the day of the baptism but she straight up said, “I am not going to get baptized, I can’t do it. I just can’t do it, sorry.” Anyhow, she showed up to the interview of her grandson kind of discouraged, but a member who knows the family talked to her. Long story short, her son talked to her about the fact she needs to get baptized. All of us talked to her about the benefits, I baptized her Saturday. It was a really special experience about how it is possible to overcome everything and really change your life for the better. The Lord is trying to teach my comp and I something, we don’t really know what but I know that things will get better.
Our next changes are on the last day of the month. I haven’t sent the cd but made it, p day is kind of like every other day, hectic. I will get two new pants made for about twenty dollars to go with my suit. I didn’t know but the suit that you sent the pants had a whole in the crotch. So does the other suit. I am throwing those two pants away and having two more made. I will also buy one or two pairs of garments at the temple when we go. Thank Keaton and Tammy for the letter and the package, which was really cool to get. Also thank grandma Grace for her letters she always sends. I don’t really need anything; however more music would be nice. I would like pictures of everybody, fam, friends. Please thank Bishop GUNNEL for the letter.
It is crazy to think that Christmas is coming up so soon. I will try to send cards to the people that have sent me stuff. I also bought a few little things that I am going to send off hopefully today. I am not going to guarantee that you will get them before Christmas but I will try.

My health is good. When I get sick I always get better. It never is really THAT BAD. Our mission pres. wife really takes good care of us. My feet are good. I never have blisters or anything, and the shoes have held up really good (ECCOS). I don’t really have too much of a reason to wear the other pair. My back is alright, the beds are well, interesting but it’s holding up. I would tell you if it was bad or hurting.

There is not a part of the mission that has bicycles. We do take cars a little. The cars are like taxis.¡¡¡I will be getting kicked off the computer soon here but I love you so much and give congrats to the newly weds coming up... LOVE YOU:::CHAU!!
-Elder Griffin

No comments: