Monday, December 14, 2009

Shopping, meeting Sis. Rich

Mom, Dad, and everybody else.

Buenos Dias, This week was a week full of joyful experiences. You are probably wondering why I took out a little bit of money from the bank. It is because I bought more, what´s the word, things from Iquitos, shirts, jewelry, paintings, and framed a picture for one of the families that I baptized (AREVALO TORREZ).

Traveling to Lima was interesting. On the plane from Iquitos to Lima I sat next to one of the players of C.N.I or better said the (Professional soccer team in Iquitos)
I am very excited to be here in Lima. I love my area and my companion. You guys are grandparents with THREE grandkids now. My companion is ELDER PEREZ he is from Guatemala. My area, well it is interesting they (the leaders) say that there are 200,000 residences in our area, and that it is half of the stake. Well, when we arrived our room was clean and that was the good news, the bad news is that when I opened up our AREA FOLDER there were not ANY investigators. So I said to my companion, the word "obstacle" means a way that we can progress and grow. We have the goal of 7 baptisms in December. We will need your prayers.

I am very excited. I watched the devotional with no other than LANDON RICH. He is on vacation with his mom. I got to meet her as well. THAT WAS REALLY COOL!!! But I really missed my mom, seeing a WHITE returned missionary with his mom.

I am very excited for this Christmas. I really liked what the Prophet and his counselors said, that we don´t need to spend SO MUCH time thinking about the presents and gifts, but we need to find the time and focus in what is important, CHRIST and his birth. I am so grateful to be a missionary and to share the restored gospel of Jesus Christ with everybody. I know that this Church is true. I know that God sent his only begotten son to the earth to die for us so that we might live. I have thought a lot about the little things that I miss, shoveling snow with Dad, baking the coconut bread with mom, making the caramels, playing my keyboard. But I know that I am where I need to be, and I will serve with all my heart, might, mind, and soul.

My area is called LA NARANJAL. It is about 35 minutes away from Tahuantinsuyo. We don´t have a church building for our ward, that is a little hard. We have to travel. 30 minutes to go to church
I love you.
CHAU,
Cuidense. TE AMO,
-ELDER GRIFFIN

No comments: