Friday, December 18, 2009

Looking forward to new investigators

Mom, Dad, and everybody else.
This week was a really good week. The members are helping us out a ton in every aspect of the work. My companion is really cool and we are learning a lot together. We were able to take out our first baptismal date this last Saturday.
We were going to one of our lessons when I saw a man walking down the hill, I felt that we needed to talk to him but was a little hesitant, so I just said Hi. He said, ''Hi elders'' I have found that there are A LOT of people that know who we are that just say Elder but when we talk to them they don´t have any interest in listening to us, but I felt different this time. So we talked to him and he said that in this time of his life he had been going through a lot of problems. His mom about died. He recently divorced his wife etc. I asked him if we could teach him in his house, so we climbed a steep hill and taught him a little about the book of Mormon. Then we set a baptismal date with him. Sunday he was ready to go to church but he also invited his son and they both showed up to church. We had 6 investigators that went to church.

I had the opportunity to go the TEMPLE today and I bought the NEW SPANISH BIBLE. I think that it was cheap 82 soles, about 35 bucks. I really am excited to progress in this area and have a lot of success.

I really love you guys and hope that Life is good.

Answers to your questions:
Peru doesn’t have traditions for Christmas. Now, I will tell you what is cool, on Christmas day they make HUGE DOLLS and they burn them in the street. I will take pictures if I can. On New Year’s they shoot off about 5,000,000 fireworks in the entire valley. You feel that you are WW2

ILOVE YOU!
~Elder Griffin

No comments: