Monday, February 22, 2010

Mission calls and release date

(Elder Griffin’s Brother and cousin got mission calls this week. His brother is going to the Paraguay, Asuncion mission. He leaves the 23 of June. His cousin is going to the Finland, Helsinki mission and she leaves on May 12)

I am very emotional right now I am so proud of the two of them. I really don`t know how to express the feelings I am having. The changes are also coming up on Wednesday. I am staying here and I am content because we have 4 baptisms for the next week and then also for the month of March. I don`t really know anybody from Paraguay. President Perez is from Uruguay. Can you send me some information on his mission.
IN JULY OUR MISSION WILL SPLIT INTO TWO, MISSION PERÚ Lima NORTE and PERÚ LIMA OESTE or in English WEST.

I really love you guys and am so happy and content with everything that is going on.
Yes I am alright with staying here. God has his will and knows everything that we need. My companion is Elder Illescas from Guetemala. It`s cool like I said we have four baptisms planned.
He has 3 changes. So he is not too new but I need to teach him some things like always.

Yes I am understanding a lot of things from my companions.
I really have also gained a huge testimony of the Savior and his love for us. I can really say that I have walked through my own little “Gethsemane” and understand more fully the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I have really been trying to become more like him to develop his attributes and to be able to say after 2 yrs that I really do know him as my Redeemer. I have figured out in the mission that really the importance is not finishing your 2 yrs it is REALLY finishing the mission with a tranquility and a peace within knowing that you have done your part and that is what I am striving to have. I love this work and really am very glad for the future and am ready to have success again.
WHEN DO THE FUTURE MISSIONARIES LEAVE?
WHAT DO THE PAPERS SAY THAT YOU NEED TO TAKE?
THAT IS REALLY WEIRD TO THINK THAT he will start his mission a week before I return. I think that is cool that he will have almost the same dates (farewell, 6 months, etc) as me, menos 2 days.
Thank you so much. I LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH and really am so proud of Ryan and Aleni.
I get released on JUNE 30th. The mission PRESIDENT also finishes with my group.
(We asked Elder Griffin if he wanted us to request him to come home a few weeks early so that he could see his brother before he leaves for the MTC, his response is as follows)
My mission letter said I was called to a two year mission and I have to complete what I said accepted. I wrote the Prophet and accepted a two year mission and I want to complete it all. Sometimes it`s hard to imagine 4 yrs without seeing my little bro., but life is all good.

I love you and really hope that everything goes great.

I LOVE YOU
CHAU
~ELDER GRIFFIN

No comments: