Monday, March 8, 2010

Earthquake in Chile

I am doing very well; we are having a lot of success! We now have 9 baptismal dates for the month of March. That is a great b-day present. We also had 12 investigators in the church. We are very happy and content with all of the blessings that the Lord is giving us. I love you guys and am so grateful for your love and support.

That is really exciting that it snowed so much during this past week. I have a question. Have you guys heard about the huge earthquake in Chile. ¿Como está Derek? Have you heard anything? (Elder Griffin’s cousin was called to Chile, but was still in the MTC in Provo during the earthquakes there).
Honestly speaking, we haven`t had many affects from the earthquake we are SO far away from Chile that we didn`t even feel anything. But the water on the beach has gone back 300 meters, and they say that there might be a tsunami. But we are so far away from the beach that we would just see it from a distance if it was GIGANTIC. I am secure that the Lord is protecting us every day, and I am not worried.

We have a mission rule that we CAN NOT speak English...we only have two gringos in our zone...Elder Merrill and I. We slip sometimes but really don`t speak English often. 100% I don`t think so but I would be safe to say....90%. Writing is sometimes a little hard...in English and Español.
I love you.
Chau mama, papa, y todos.
~Elder Griffin~

No comments: