Monday, January 4, 2010

The Sabath Day is Holy

Hola querida familia..esa semana fue una semana muy interesante.
Mom, Dad, and everybody. I took some pretty cool pictures on New Year’s including a lot of fireworks and a couple of giant dolls burning ( this is a tradition in Peru for New Year’s). You will be very surprised when you see them, but the bad news is that you can only see that when I get home. SORRY.

This week was a very interesting week as far as proselytizing goes. Well to be honest last week we didn´t take the sacrament because we showed up late because we were trying to find investigators that were NOT in their houses, a little frustrating. I could definitely feel the difference in the week. We didn´t have the success that usually comes from hard work and Satan was definitely tempting more than usual. So I gained a huge testimony this week in the blessings of the sacrament. I now know the importance that it has. We are finding a lot of people ¨investigators¨ but the problem is that they always say that they don´t have a lot of time and they are not willing to accept the responsibility of baptism. I know that one day things will change and that the people will understand the importance of baptism and going to church.
I AM SOOOO GREATFULL FOR THE EXAMPLE THAT YOU GUYS HAVE ALWAYS GIVEN ME OF ALWAYS GOING TO CHURCH. I SEE SO MANY MEMBERS AND INVESTIGATORS THAT HAVE MANY EXCUSES SAYING, WE DON´T HAVE TIME TO GO TO CHURCH BECAUSE THIS AND THAT AND I JUST SAY, “YOU NEED TO DECIDE THE THINGS THAT ARE MORE IMPORTANT, THE SALVATION OR THE PARTY WITH YOUR FAMILY”. But really I am so grateful for the example that you have given me of being firm in the faith in every moment and never saying ¨I can´t go to church this week because I am busy with _______. ¨
Well I will update you. I REMIND THAT WE ARE IN PERÚ...I still have not gotten my package. I hope that I will get it before I get home.
Yes I opened dad´s attachment it was really cool. I won´t be on for MUCH more time 5-20 minutes.
ROMMEL our investigator, wow, we had an appointment set with him Thursday his family said that he was drinking. After that he still has not returned home. It is sad but we will see what will happen.
The changes are this next week. I really do not have a clue where I will be going but I hope that I can have a successful change. Rommel has prayed but he doesn’t have the will to change yet. I hope that one day he will change.
I LOVE YOU AND REALLY HOPE THAT THE LORD IS BLESSING YOU EVERYDAY.
~ELDER GRIFFIN

No comments: