Monday, May 18, 2009

Lots of work in the new area



Life in Barranca Peru....

Life is great here. We had a good week. When I entered here from Iquitos it was a little bit weird. When I left Iquitos we had 5 baptisms this month and 6 more that were planned. Here in my area so far they haven’t had one and the other missionaries only had one planned. Long story short there is a lot of work that needs to go on here. This is the last week that counts for May, so we really need to work hard to have 9 baptisms this month.

We have 2 of 9
Antonio(30)
Riquelmer(17)

Riquelmer was a contact the first day that I was here. We had talked to him and taught him part of lesson 3 on FAITH, Repentance, BAPTISM and so forth. We took out a date for the 30 of May and he accepted we also received the permission of his mother.
That experience was very spiritual and I really have a lot of faith that if we are obedient and work hard, then we can have a lot of success and we can fulfill the goals that we have.

Happy Mothers Day, for every mother in the world, especialmente mi mama te amo bastante y quiero que tu puedas tener mucha felicidad en tu vida.

My companions name is Elder Davila he is from Moquegua- Peru. He only has about 3 months in the mission, a newbi. He is really cool. He likes basketball and I like that he has the batteries to work hard and I know that we will have some success.

-Elder Griffin

The following is a letter that Elder Griffin e-mailed to his Grandma through us. I thought it was something that others would like to hear as well so I am including it with this post.

Grandma,

I love you grandma and wish you a happy mothers day. I love the scripture 2Nephi 2:25 it talks about why we are here in the earth. Grandma I really appreciate the love that you have shown with all of the letters that you have sent you are amazing and I really am thankful. I invite you to read in first Nephi about the differences in Laman and Lemuel and there attitudes and Nephi. I find it interesting that they always did what they were told but the difference in attitude changes everything. I really hope grandma that you can live in happiness and joy. God only knows how long we can live and we need to endure to the end.

Elder Griffin....your grandchild.

No comments: