Monday, May 4, 2009

Wonderful converts progressing

WE HAVE 45 MINUTES TO WRITE NOW!!!!!!!
Life here is great.

We ended the week (Saturday) with 15 baptismal dates for the month of May. We really worked hard so that they were prepared and ready. We went to gather some of these lost sheep yesterday, and well, 10 of the 15 went to church and are ready.

It is kind of disappointing on Sunday because if people don’t go then we have to postpone or cancel the baptismal date. I do feel good though because we can know who is actually ready and who just accepted to accept.

We had stake conference and Presidente Perez came to our conference. We were a little bit late to the conference and Hna Perez had to play the opening hymn. I felt kind of bad but she likes playing. I played the piano for the choir and it turned out alright, my part was good, but the choir could use a tad bit more of practice. What was really cool was that I got to see that two of our investigators, MAMERTO HUAYMACARI and MANUEL AREVAVALO, ordained to the Melcezidek priesthood. I know that this step will really help their families right now. It will also help to prepare them so that they will become an eternal family.

The blessings are pouring like the rain in Iquitos and I guess according to your message like the rain in South Jordan Utah.

I am also really glad that we have 45 minutes. I am glad that President put his trust in us. I hope that other missionaries try to think the next time that they are disobedient.

It is really weird that changes are in the next week and a half. I don’t know anything up until now about what changes will bring for me.

Love you, THANKS:
~Elder Griffin~

No comments: