Monday, June 15, 2009

Reunion with CCM trainer (May 25 post)

Life in the Barranca.

Life is great here in the beach town of Barranca. The weather is a little cold, but it’s all good. We went to a huge statue of Christ this last preparation day. It was really a cool thing. I took some pretty cool pictures. I will have to mail them when I get time.

We didn’t have any baptisms this week but we had some pretty cool experiences. 4 of the 5 baptismal dates that we had showed up to church. We couldn’t get a hold of Requelmer all of this week. We went to his house 3 different times Sunday to find him but had no luck. His date fell for the month of May. We will try to get him for June.

Hna Narciso (one of my teachers in the CCM) sat in on one of our lessons. It was like I was in the CCM again. It was really cool, but the guy that we taught her with, after the powerful lesson, he drank in a party that night. So we have to try again.

We had a cool experience yesterday. We were ready to go to the church for our correlation and contacted a 21 yr old girl named Catarina. She let us teach her right in front of the church. After the lesson we left with a new baptismal date for the 20 of June. It is amazing the miracles that happen everyday.

How is life in the Lago Salado (Salt Lake)?

The interviews and the training was really good. I really had a good interview with president and had some great training.

I GOTTA GO HERE PRETTY SOON....I LOVE YOU TONS.....ADIOS!!!!

~Elder Griffin~

No comments: