Tuesday, August 4, 2009

New responsibilities and new area


Hey, Mom and Dad and Everybody. Dad that was really exciting that you got to talk to Elder Lynch. I knew him a little bit if I am right he was the zone leader in Iquitos in the other zone, but he was really cool and really energetic.

We had the interviews and I really learned a lot with the capacitaciónes (training) of the assistants and the President. I was also informed by President Perez that I will now be serving in Paramonga in the same zone but as District Leader....!!!!!!!!

I am a LITTLE bit nervous and really feel insufficient, but I know that the Lord will help me in this calling. My companion is Elder Santillan. He has 2 changes in the area, and has killed (sent them home.) his last two companions. President said that he wants Barranca to really grow and he told me that he trusts that I can do it. He also said that ELDER NEMELKA (Assistant) also served in the same place. It made me a little more nervous, but It’s all good I am REALLY EXCITED for this change, and for the confidence that the Lord has in me. I don’t know what I have done to have this confidence but I am excited.

Ya I know that I am way blessed. Also, Nathaly Arevalo wrote me (convert of Elder me and McGary). She said that her family is excellent and that her dad is the President of the Elders Quorum and that the Branch that we were serving in split into One Ward and two branches. I was very excited to hear that.

The changes are Wednesday, and I did not get a new keyboard but I will be playing on a keyboard or a piano in PARAMONGA, that’s cool huh?

I love you guys so much and hope that everything is great.

We had two baptisms this week on Friday; Luz Julia Mogollon Leon (34 años), and her son Erick Anderson Jara Mogollon (16 años). It was a really cool experience. They were both really excited and went to the activities Saturday and went to church on Sunday.

I think that my writing is a little bit of SPANGLISH. I really can’t speak great English, and writing is WAY WORSE. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND AM SO THANKFULL FOR THE SUPPORT AND EXAMPLE THAT YOU GUYS HAVE GIVEN ME......I LOVE YOU.
-ELDER GRIFFIN-

No comments: