Monday, November 30, 2009

Acting as the first missionaries in Iquitos

Family and Friends...

This week was a really interesting week! First of all, Elder Sweet(from my MTC group) and I acted as the first North American missionaries in Iquitos. We went contacting, walking, knocking doors etc. We were filmed for a Documentary of BYU. It will come out in about 6 months. It was cool because I gained a stronger appreciation for the missionaries that first entered Iquitos. I did get my 30 seconds of FAME.!!

I had a work visit with Elder Sweet for two days. I was really excited to get together with him after so long. He helped me understand a couple of things that I can do better so that I can have more success, as a leader and trainer.

Things are good. I am very excited to be learning more and am trying to become better everyday. I love being a missionary and sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I don’t know how we got chosen. Probably looking at the fact that we are here, and we are two of the most normal looking missionaries in Iquitos at the moment. We don’t have much competition. The film will be out in about 6 months.

Mom life is good, sometimes there are struggles and hard times but life is good. I love you a lot and am grateful for your example, your love, your patience that you have always had. Have a great week.

I LOVE YOU GUYS AND HOPE THAT EVERYTHING IS GREAT!

~ELDER GRIFFIN

No comments: