Wednesday, October 8, 2008

New Companion, Same Area


This week was really a good week. We did get to watch all four sessions of conference 3 in English and the last one in Spanish. I really enjoyed all the talks and really took in a lot as a missionary. I love hearing from Elder Oaks after he visited our home stake. I was a little disappointed to hear the last one in Spanish because I had to try to translate it in English. The Elder that gave the prayer at the end of the fourth session is our area 70 Elder Nash...we have had many opportunities to talk to him and I really enjoy his presence. Monday we visited the areas that Elder Egüez had served. It was kind of sad a lot of the people weren’t home but we talked to some of them and it was really fun. I said good bye to Elder Egüez yesterday. We really had some good times and some bad times...I learned a lot about patience and controlling my temper. I also learned a lot about challenging people to different commitments. I will actually kind of miss him. Today I am receiving my new companion his name is Elder Apaza. I really don’t know a lot about him, but I heard he is energetic which will be a good thing. Artemio and another investigator Victor visited conference with us. I have a cd with all the pictures but need to make a copy. I didn’t really have any weird experiences this week...I know it’s boring. I really feel like because it was the last week of his mission it was a little unproductive but I am looking forward to the new companion.

I forgot to tell you that I about got sent to the jungle but that the president for some reason changed his mind. I am staying in my same area here in Tahuantinsuyo but I only have one ward.

No comments: