Monday, March 9, 2009

February 23 post

Vida en la Selva.

Life is great here in the jungle of Iquitos Peru. Life always continues to move at a fast pace. This change has been really great; I can tell that I will never forget this one. My companion is amazing. He has taught me so much already, the Spanish is going great, and the members are giving us references of people that they have talked to.

We had 14 investigators in the chapel on Sunday. We also have 3 baptismal dates and are planning on getting a lot more. We are trying our hardest to be way obedient in everything so that we can continue to have the success that we have been having. I want to be like my companion when I have been out as long as he has.

This last week we went to Quistococha, a zoo in Iquitos. It was really cool...I got to hold a SLOTH...it was really different because is really slow but really strong. I also got some cool pictures of parrots in my arm and a couple of other cool things.

I am so glad that I made the small decision to go on the mission. It has been the biggest blessing in my life and I know that the Lord called me to this wonderful place to teach these sons and daughters of God here.

No comments: